Disclaimer

Writings and photographs published on this blog are of my own interest and passion. Thus, none of these materials are authenticated with research proof and all are fictional writing with my philosophical thoughts and ideas. Some writing is pertaining to my own personal observation and feelings and therefore, viewers are urged not to draw any conclusion. My zeal of writing and photography doesn’t really mean action and intention. Meanwhile, you can bear with me as you can find many errors on this content of my blog.

Publication of any article or photography without prior permission from the author is strictly prohibited.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

On childhood nostalgic memory

Every individual in one way or other had memory to resonance in our life. Albert Einstein said, " Memory is deceptive because it is colored by today's events". Therefore, memory of every people varies from one account of lives to another. Apparently, I had a memory when I was 3-to-4-years-old with my Mom and Dad  during pilgrimage period at Gomphu Kora, ( Name of monastery ) and Chorten Kora, ( Stupa )  in Trashiyangtse Dzongkhag.

Gomphukora Temple. Photo courtesy: Mr. Choki Gyeltshen

Gomphukora Temple, Photo courtesy: Choki Gyeltshen


I cannot exactly remember the year and journeying details account from home  towards that sacred place. But I vividly remembers we were at Gomphu Kora,  receiving blessing and discourse from some important masters which during this write up, I was confirmed by mother that it was from His Eminence Khyabje Namkhai Nyingpo Rimpoche. It was huge maroon colored tents makeshift over all paddy field for blessing and religious ceremonial venue. The people camped in and around monastery and making their own logistic from tarpaulin with  various colors. They came with all bedding and cooking utensils and I remembers that was huge gatherings. As child, I didn't bother listening and praying at ceremonial venue as it I was thinking of child patio ground for playing and most of the time, I was with mom hanging and sitting on her lap and sometimes looking onto  other devotees.  I also flash back clearly the big rivers sounding as that of roaring dragons. And that presently is known as Drangme Chhu, ( name of the river ) flowing beside Gomphu Kora Ney towards Trashigang Chazam side. ( Name of the district and bridge ).
Devotees gathering during Festival. Photo courtesy: Mr. Choki Gyeltshen.

Perhaps I also recalled brown sparkling cliff with pebbles stuck onto each other as it like mosaic formation hanging above Drangmechu. That was observed When I walked out of tent and reaches at edges of paddy fields.  At one point I saw it as pleasure and other as frightening scene; looking through that river beneath cliff. On one account, I clearly remembered, we were travelling to Chorten Kora by DCM or Truck, cannot remembered exactly. Sitting on mother lap and saw there were many passengers on the vehicle, where some had sat on floor and some standing to adjust till Chorten Kora. Now I rewind a memory that my late father was on standing group in the vehicle and passengers were shouting one another to make their own comfortable seat. The atmosphere inside the vehicle floor was noisy and I was at mother lap as she had got bit comfortable seat where she could sat down and provided comfort seat for me as child. And I recapitulates clearly at this moment  like a dream that my father look each time to and fro to me and my mother which I now realized he had unconditional love and care towards us.
Chorten Kora, Photo courtesy:Mr. Choki Gyeltshen


Despite harsh and adventurous travelling, we reached Chorten Kora. Once I entered through stone door gate toward inner side where actual Chorten ( Stupa ) stands; felt amazing height and size hanging onto sky with white reflection. I saw both Chorten and its surround fencing stone walls were all white.   I also saw small temple being built beside this stupa. Large gathering of crowds, roaring rivers with monster cliff,  adventurous journey -seeing all trees movement along road and sawing gorgeous shiny Chorten Kora were my vivid memory normally haunted whenever travelling along this road from Gomphu Kora to Trashiyangtse. 
Now every time I got opportunity to visit Trashi yangtse especially during official tour, at least make a point to visit these places whenever I get time.  So, I paid visit to these sacred places to get blessing and reverberate memory of my late father and the time we family spent together. Even now travelling through this road and its scenic memories kept me illusion of every compounded existence and made me to realized the impermanence of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment