Disclaimer

Writings and photographs published on this blog are of my own interest and passion. Thus, none of these materials are authenticated with research proof and all are fictional writing with my philosophical thoughts and ideas. Some writing is pertaining to my own personal observation and feelings and therefore, viewers are urged not to draw any conclusion. My zeal of writing and photography doesn’t really mean action and intention. Meanwhile, you can bear with me as you can find many errors on this content of my blog.

Publication of any article or photography without prior permission from the author is strictly prohibited.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

My longing homage and devotion to Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche,( 1910-1991)

Image result for Best photos collection of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. Source: Google
Image result for Best photos collection of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. Source: Google.









The Rinpoche was born in eastern Tibet in Dilgo family. His father is governor of that district and siblings were all in monkhood in the monastery and some were reincarnation of great masters. So, his father insisted him to be take care of household chores and carrying roles of father. Although many master advised his parents to enroll young son to be in the monastery. However, his father didn’t allow him to enroll and one day, while playing with his brother in the house, he fell over besides boiling soup pot and badly injured his lower body. Hence father told his son, ‘’ what we should do now?’’. The son replied, ‘’ will help if I may enroll in the monastery and wear monk’s robe ’’. The father with heavy heart accepted and enrolled him to monastery to become monk.  From there on, his health improved and was regconized by the Saint Mipham Namgyal Rinpoche as incarnation of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, who was one of the great tertons and chief advocators of the Rime Movement, a non-sectarian movement in Tibetan Buddhism.




Image result for Best photos collection of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Source: Google
Although I didn’t have opportunity to meet this great master in real time, but it’s kind of circumstantial phenomenon that I got to knew him through the documentary, “The Words of My Perfect Teacher’’. In this documentary, Kyabje Dzongsar Kyentse Rinpoche talks about perfect teachers and other important aspects of Buddha Dharma. However, There is also one documentary called, ‘’ Brilliant Moon’’ featuring Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche’s lives, teachings ,  his root teachers and other so many teachers from all four school of Tibetan Buddhism.  So, this is where I came to know more about Rinpoche’s lives and teachings.
Even though Rinpoche passed away in 1991 when I was five years of age, I got to know him through these documentaries only at the age of 25. From there on, I watched this documentary and read book on ‘’Brilliant Moon’’, whenever my time permits. The following were some accounts of what I felt and known about this great master:
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche root teachers were Shechen Gyaltsab Rinpoche, Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche, and Shechen Kongtrul Rinpoche and later were Jamyang Khyentse Choekey Lodro who insisted him to gets married and spread teaching to all people.  Rinpoche got his early novice ordination from Khyenpo Shanga who is well known Buddhist master during that time. He spent many years in strict retreat around 13 years and written many volumes of commentaries, poems and texts which immensely benefited all people.  Later during Cultural Revolution, Rinpoche and family moved to Bhutan, gave teachings and then to Sikkim, India, Nepal and ultimately to west.  He gave teachings; rebuild monasteries in Tibet, established Buddhist colleges and temple. One of the important monasteries was Samye monastery, Tibet’s most important and sacred monastery was rebuilds to former glory and Shechen Monastery in Boudha, Nepal. Rinpoche also discovered numerous treasures both mind and earth treasure.Khyense Rinpoche is truly the embodiment of much loving kindness, wisdom and compassion. Rinpoche’s teachings has touched and moved many people’s lives worldwide. Rinpoche while during annual prayer ceremony at Kichu Lhakhang in Paro fell sudden ill and passed away in 1991.


Image result for Best photos collection of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and Kyabje Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche .Source: Google.




My personal reflection:
Though Rinpoche is not anymore but I felt his presence and blessings whenever I recollect his glorious smiles and teachings with complete kindness shower to all sentient beings as saw it in the documentaries. The moment I remember your loving kindness, treasure revealing story, commentaries, retreat and had dreams in your retreat at Paro Taktsang,( Tigress nest) of the Great Rigzen Jigme Lingpa and many of your followers sharing inner realization you achieved; gave me complete calmness, body tingling and numbness. Though this feeling of calmness is momentary to me being delusional being, but helps me in controlling my mind, body and speech. Therefore, I considered Rinpoche and Rinpoche’s lineages as my root teacher at all time to come.  I pay my homage and immense respects to you the great master and your great lineages and venerable Khyentse Yangzi Rinpoche for your blessing and loving kindness. May Rinpoche’s work and legacies of important oral transmission, blessing, many other important teachings and commentaries exist for many centuries until all sentient being attain enlightenment.



No comments:

Post a Comment